From:
Lisa Mancilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 13:23:24 -0700
Hello fellow FMLers:

I wanted to drop you all a note thanking all of you for the personal
Birthday Wishes and the welcomes to Shiva.  I lost some of my mail due to
"curupt mailbox" and wanted to make sure that everyone is thanked
appropriately.

Shiva has changed her colors due to the change of her diet.  Within three
days of adoption she was on the house diet of Totally Ferret mixed with 8 in
1 with additional suppliments and dried fruit.  She took one look at the
Kitten Chow and put her nose up and went to the Ferret Kibble.  She is now a
beautiful pastel color.  No longer that reddish chocolate color.  She kinda
gives the impression of being lavender at first glance.  Very beautiful
indeed.  Speaking of changing coat color, Miss Samantha wouldn't come out of
her hiddy hole for a week, she slept and slept and was grumpy, I was getting
nervous and ready to take her to the vets when on Tuesday of last week she
emerged.  What I saw shocked me.  She had lost her greyish, chocolate coat
intirely.  She is now black sable on her legs with a caramel undercoat.  She
has a grey "V" on her forehead and the longest dark guard hairs you ever did
see.  Her neck is an easy 5" wide.  Her fur has become as soft a bunny
rabbit.  I have to say she must have matured into a young woman during her
week of sleep.  She is no longer the "baby".  Her musky scent is now a
powdery smell.  She now wants to be held contantly.  She will always be my
baby of the house.

David talked to Dayna on the phone last night, she is doing very well.  She
is recovering very nicely from her accident.  She is in good spirits, and
happy, but then she is always happy whenever we talk to her.  I'm trying to
talk her into taking a vacation and coming to visit us before the holidays.
We'll see.  I've decided that she needs my scanner more than I do, so I'm
sending it to her this week.  She wants to put some pictures on David's html
page of her clan.

David thought he understood that Bill of "Zen and the Art of Ferrets" has a
book out.  Is this true Bill?  Could you please e-mail me and let me know.
We are also interested in your ferret "Halfway House" coffee mugs.

Gina Fritz:  Thank you so much for the four Wedding Bonets, Boquets and
Baskets for the Brides.  The are precious.  A picture will be up and coming.

Well with all this talk about tattoos on the FML, I've decided to get one
too.  That way all the girls in this house will have one.  I'm getting Shiva
standing on a yin-yang.  Eat your heart our Dayna!!!!!!!!!!!   Just kidding.
We are in the process of designing it as we speak.  (Rosie says, "Awe Ma
your so weird!!!')

That's all for today, everyone have a wonderful weekend.  Gotta hit those
books.

Lisa Mancilla