From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:37:50 EDT
I had been contacted by a guy who lived one town over who wanted to get a
ferret.  Had a lot of questions, which I answered.  I suggested he adopt
from a shelter, he said he wanted a baby.  I told him that especially
lately the shelters have lots of younger ferrets (I have had them as young
as 14 weeks this year), and that I would be happy to let him know when I
got a younger one in.

The guy e-mailed me a couple weeks later to say that he had bought a ferret
from a pet store, did I want to see it.  I ignored the e-mail, as the last
thing that I have time to do is ooh and ahh over some baby ferret from
Marshall Farms (smelly, bitey, whiney and not box trained, not to mention a
possible ECE threat).  He then has the NERVE to contact me and ask me if he
could bring his ferret to me for vaccinations!!!  I explained that I am not
a vet and therefore can not administer medications of any kind to any
ferret that is not "legally" mine.  (In NJ "legally mine" covers shelter
ferrets, my ferrets, and in some cases boarders) For less than half of what
he paid a pet store for his ferret, he could have adopted a fully
vaccinated, box trained ferret.  I still can't get over that this guy buys
a ferret from a pet store instead of adopting a ferret from a shelter, then
has the gall to ask me to vaccinate it for him as he is too cheap to pay
for the extra vet visits.  This is the type of person who will call in a
couple months and say that the ferret is too much work then demand that I
PAY him for it when he wants to turn it in to me.

On to a brighter subject...

Millie and Lillie have gone to their new home, and seemed to fall head over
heels in love with their new people, who I am sure will give them a great
home.  (these were the 2 1/2 year olds who had been with us for quite
awhile and really needed to go to a home)

Kaos has also gone to her new home, ( a person from the FML adopted her )
and I am sure that she also will have a wonderful time in her new home with
her three new friends.

We still have 6 ferrets here that are under or right around one year old.
Two pairs and two singles.  If you are interested in adoption, let me know.

-Anne