From:
Diane Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 09:14:32 -0600
Now I remember why I dont take Rocket outside (other than the fact that he
doesnt seem to enjoy it...) FLEAS!  Living in Houston, Tx, the fleas are
here year round it seems.  Well, my SO and I just moved into our new house
(with our very own yard!) and I thought I would let Rocket do some
exploring.  Well, he quivered a little and started rooting in leaves, etc.
Two days later the little bugger is iching up a storm.  So, on goes the
organic flea colar, bedding changed and new blankies sprayed with organic
flea spray, an extra dose of garlic powder and brewers yeast in the food,
and tonight he will get a nice long bath with organic flea shampoo.  (note
the ORGANIC trend?) I dont like using chemicals on him but since sometimes
it is unavoidable, organic makes me feel a little better about it.  Any
other tips to nip this flea problem early?  I will also do some good
vacuuming this weekend and lots of laundry in hot water.  Unfortunately,
since I am allergic to flea bites, I really need to do this quick!

Diane