From:
Danielle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:44:23 -0500
Concerning the vet in Arkansas...maybe someone can help you in that area.

I'm in the central part of the state and I use Dr. Paladino in Little
Rock, which is about 1.5 hrs from Clarksville.  He's very knowlegable and
very responsive to what ever information I gave him.  He's done adrenal
surgery and had experience with ECE years ago.  With the information I
gave him on whatever was going on, he checked into and was very willing
to give it a try.  Since then his practice has grown with ferrets and he
continues to see many.  I have since moved to a vet in my town who had
very little experience with them until I started there a few years ago.
The one in my town is the type of vet who will prescribe what I think my
ferrets need.  I'm not a vet but I have been owned by ferrets for many
years and have dealt with MANY issues in them.  By researching and the
info from here, I'm able to see what I think they need and he's willing
to give it a try.

If your friends do not mind the drive, Dr. Paladino is very friendly
and knowledgable.  He's talked to LSU Vet school about my dog's
allergies, was even going to send She'ra (12 year old sable) there for
a comprehensive exam on her adrenal after she went down hill 4 years
after removing as much as he could from the right adrenal.

Let me know if I can give any more information.  There are a few more in
the Little Rock area that are ferret knowledgable, I just didn't like
there demeanor with them.  Dr. Paladinoe always picked them up and
cuddled and called them a 'booger bear'.

Danielle