Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 08:46:58 -0400
I've been hearing a lot about mice being fed to ferrets lately.  (I won't
get into my opinion of that).  I'm just curious though.  Mice carry
diseases, ferrets eat the mice, ferrets nip thier owners.  Do owners get
the diseases from the mice via the ferret nips?  (I'm picturing some poor
person brushing and flossing thier favorite fuzzies teeth after eating a
mouse LOL).

I know that some mice from pet stores can be sick when you buy them.  I
know this for a fact because I had pet mice as a teenager.  I also know,
for a fact that mice can transmit diseases to humans, through bites.  I
do not know if mice can transmit anything but fleas to ferrets.

Shelley