From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:02:14 EST
Looks as if Bob C. won't be participating in the Ferret Leggers event at
the Summer Olympics this year.

>severe shedding for about 3-4 days (it has stopped now and his coat is very
>sparse), excessive water drinking, itching, sneezing, muscle-mass loss, and
>slight lethargy...

If your vets cannot find the cause, *please* ask them to look into allergic
reactions--certain dogs and cats (so I'm assuming ferrets) can have *severe*
allergic reactions to many things-- new carpets, household cleaning
products, flea sprays, fleas themselves, as well as specific foods or
additives--something that may not bother one animal (or person) can cause a
severe reaction in another.  Good luck and please don't give up!

To Kristen H--Congratulations, you will be living very close to a
*fantastic* ferret vet--Dr. David Jonas at Assonet Animal Hospital,
Assonet, Mass.  (508) 644-2744.

-- Ronnie
Ralphie, Harry & Prince Charming's mom