From:
Chessum Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:17:33 -0800
Contrary to yesterdays message about Aleutians Disease, there have been no
known cases of Aleutians Disease in New Zealand, and all ferrets exported
from New Zealand are certified as such by the Ministry of Agriculture &
Fisheries.

We are currently fighting to prevent domestic ferrets from being banned
in New Zealand, and the Government is expected to make a decision on this
matter in the near future.  The spreading of unfounded rumours about our
ferrets is not helpful to our cause, and it would be appreciated if posters
could check their facts before posting in a public forum.

John Chessum
President
New Zealand Ferret Protection and Welfare Society Incorporated