From:
Matthew Colmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:29:15 -0600
I will be traveling from Houston, TX to Ocala, FL this Xmas season along
I-10 through TX, LA, MS, AL, and FL, part of I-12 in LA, and through I-75
in FL.  I need to know if there are any ferret-free zones along the way.
I would not want to stop at any rest areas or gas stations in towns that
prohibit them, let them roam a bit, run into some game warden or cop, and,
well, you get the picture.

My experience with traveling is that my guys will sleep the whole way
except when I stop.  They most likely will not eat (I can't hear the sound
of crunching food will I am driving) so I make sure to stop every couple of
hours to let them eat and drink.  It makes the trip go quicker for myself
as well.

On snow: though my guys have never experienced snow (in S. Texas?!?!),
they have had the opportunity to walk across some icy, crusty snow with
little or no problems.  Some may not like the cold on their feet and thus
may dance and prance around.  I have also read that some ferts enjoy the
snow for that reason alone.

I agree with the other that comfort and times to wander and stretch will
make the trip for them that much more fun.  It will make it easier on you
as well.  The stress of an upset fuzzy is not good for you or them.

Feel free to respond to my email as well as the list.