From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:53:39 EDT
Hi everyone!

Still catching up from the LOS NJ show.....It was really neat meeting all of
the FML and AOL message board folks!!!  Hi Ilena!!  Sam from New Zealand was
of course the furthest traveler - what a blast she is!!!

But I wanted to let y'all know of a true angel that I had the fortune to run
into at the NJ show - Dino Drakiotas.

We took up our 5 ferrets entered in the show, plus one more - a sick little
boy that we had been force-feeding and giving sub-q fluids to.  He is an
adorable panda wannabe named Rogue.  He stopped eating and had started to
lose weight rapidly and become dehydrated.  Well, the little bugger didnt
seem to understand that we were trying to help him with the fluids, and
fought tooth and nail everytime we attempted to give them (most we were able
to get in at one time was 10cc).

Enter our angel.  Dino was 2 doors down from us at the hotel, and when we
asked he gladly came over and helped.  3 times he gave fluids for us,
without a struggle (we think Rogue knew when he was beaten), and each time
refused to accept any donations towards their Shelter, Ferretwise in NH.  He
even had some junk cat food that Rogue took a liking to, and for the first
time in over a week, actually ate food on his own!!!!

We were so worried that this little fella wouldn't make it - but he will
now, thanks to this wonderful set of circumstances that put him near our
room.  He's eating a mix of Chef's blend/Meow mix until he gets on his
feet - then we will see about switching him over.

Thank you, Dino.  This shelter Mom is in your debt.

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"