From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:39:12 EDT
Hey gang !

Just wanted to tell what happened with Sasquatch last night.  Before
letting him out of his cage I placed some socks around for him to steal.
I opened the cage door and he very cautiously started to come out.  It
took some prodding but he finally came out into my bare hands.

I placed him down on the floor and he ran to hide.  A few minutes later he
would sneak out and, true to the nickname "Snatch-socks", began collecting
socks for his hidey-hole.

A bit later he came over and sat by my feet.  A few times I reached for him
to have him shy away.  Finally he allowed me to pick him up.  I placed him
on my lap and - you guessed it - he peed on me again.  With a stern, "NO!
Bad!" I placed him in the litter box and held him there.  I then picked him
up and returned to the futon.

He grabbed my hand with his teeth, after a strict firm "No!", he let go.
Then he grabbed a little harder.  Again after a strict firm "No!" he let
go.  This happened a few times - each time he grabbed harder and I was more
stern and forceful in voice.  Finally he grabbed my hand hard.  I grabbed
him gently (but firmly) by the scruff and pulled him onto his side saying
"No!  No bite!".  He protested a bit, but not trying to bite.  When he
stopped protesting I let go.

A few moments later I picked him up.  He bared his teeth and snarled at me.
Well, I bared my teeth and snarled back bringing his face closer to mine
until our noses met.  I gave him a million mile stare until his head pulled
back.  Then he looked at me like, "Okay - you win.  Honestly, I was only
kidding!".

I put him down on the futon and turned my back on him as if to ignore him.
After a minute or so he crawled up next to my thigh and lay there for me to
pet him.

A few minutes later I stood up, grabbed an old t-shirt and waved it calling
for him to play with me.  He got to the edge of the futon and seemed to be
very afraid to jump down.  It took a while but he finally came down.  The
great tug-o-war began!!

When bedtime approached he didn't seem leery of me picking him up or
cuddling close.  He got a lots of praise and more nutri-state which he
licked off my bare finger.

Yeah, I think things are going to be okay !!!!

Warm Fuzzies ~~!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Missy~Yogi~Skooter~  and Mist the Fer-Kat
Foster Kids ~Willie~Christina~Nippy~Stubbie~
Guardian Fur-Angels ~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury
~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.