Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 13:42:49 -0400
Hey everybody - I could use some advise. Skittles underwent adrenal
surgery in 2009 and the vet found the tumor to be on the right adrenal,
wound around her spinal cord with her vena cava running right through
the middle of it. The vet removed as much of the tumor as he could and
gave Skittles a melatonin implant. She has been doing great up until
recently. All of her fur is falling back out. I have her scheduled to
get another implant this Friday. I am well aware that the implant only
masks the symptoms, but what I want to know is is how many of you guys
use them? Am I doing the right thing for Skittles? I've lost three of
my babies in the last year and I know the rest of them will be crossing
the bridge in the next year or two, I'm just trying to give them all
the best lives that I can...

Kristen and the Sunny Bunch
Skittles, Frito, Rusty and Precious
Missing Sparky, Rascal and Snickers