From:
Yuri Takemoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 23:43:00 +0900
I have a ferret here in Tokyo, Japan at present.  I will move to Singapore
in this July.  Surely I need to take him with me there, and have been asking
Primary Production Department, Singapore if they allow me to do so because
Singapore Embassy in Japan told me that no application form was available
except for dogs and cats in their hands and to contact that Department
directly.

As I have asked them by fax on March 12 and not yet received any reply as of
today, I have been very anxious about this matter.  My life will be so blue
if I have to go there alone.

I am wondering if anyone on the list has heard of the following points?
1. Are ferrets legal in Singapore?
2. Do I need a license?
3. Are there good VETs who can accept ferrets?
4. Any recommendation on airlines?
5. What is the manner of import or quarantine?
   How long does it take?
6. Anyone knows any good agent who can handle all procedures safely?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Please send them to [log in to unmask]
Thanks a lot everyone.

Yuri
96/03/17(Sun)