From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 21:51:58 -0700
>She should get another set of shots now right?  Should she get them
>separately or together?  What to do to prepare for visit(she hates getting
>her ears cleaned,I know she'll hate shots)?  How much visits and vaccines
>typically cost?

I am not a vet but I can tell you what I know from experience:
Get all the shots together as it will be less traumatic for her.  I found
that since my vet admisisters distemper in the rear, a light scruffing and
a bottle of Linatone in front of the ferret's face are extremely helpful.
In fact, of my five ferrets, only Milo the baby seemed to notice he was
getting the shot and while he whined furiously, it only made him lick the
Linatone bottle even faster!!  The others didn't even need scruffing, just
the Linatone bottle!!

My vet charges $25.00 per ferret per distemper shot, and $10.00 more for
rabies. But these are Canadian prices, so American may be different.
Good luck!!  btw, mine also HATE the ear thing, but the shots went pretty
good overall...
Sheena
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.