From:
"Melissa A. Boulineau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 17:07:16 -0500
This is my first time posting to FML.  I have enjoyed reading all of the
stories and advice.  I would like to share how I got my first ferret "Tiki".
I have wanted a ferret for a little over a year, but having a two year old
human :) in the house I thought better of it.  I would go to the pet store
every weekend to hold them, but alas came home empty handed.  But THEN....
My mom heard that a friend of a friend was looking to get rid of her
daughter's ferret.  ( A typical case of not knowing what they were getting
into).  I said yes I would take it, I went to get her thinking that she was
going to be beautiful and bright eyed like the ferrets in the pet store,
just bigger.  However when I got to the house, the ferret that was brought
to the door was so skinny and pathetic looking it made me want to cry.  She
had been kept in a WASHING MACHINE!!!  They said that they didn't know what
to do with her, so they put her in there, she escaped between the basket of
the machine a couple of times but they figured out and put towels in between
the washer basket and the machine.  She had been living on Coca Puffs and
whatever the cat had left over.  I have no idea how long she lived in this
torment, I was to angry to even speak, I just took her and left.  I am happy
to report that she is doing very well now, she has fattened up, and is
playful and an excellent theif, ( that is a story for another day).

I do however need help finding out what her coat color is called... She has
a white face and yellow underbelly, her body has white undercoating, with
black tips... She has black eyes... Anyone with an answer can e-mail me
directly.

P.S.  After getting her acclumated to my SO and my son...(they get along
GREAT......) and myself, we got her a sable playmate...(Katana)... We were
able to get Katana from someone who was moving to an Anti-Ferret state.
Both are doing wonderfully together....:)

Melissa (bka...49% Angel..) Tiki (the thief)...Katana (the lovable)