From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:12:46 -0500
A few responses from the past few days while we were busy trying to do
our part to help the Baltimore Ferret Club raise funds one more time.
It was a fun show!  Hey if they are out of order after we send them in,
blame Bill G not K <g>

>From:    Maggie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mob List
>
>I would like also to call all members of the fml to ask for
>new guidelines for posting to this list, since the current moderator has
>allowed much too much onto it.

Bill Gruber *OWNS* the list.  He is also moderating it.  What he decides
is final.  If you want a list with other rules, create your own list
instead of deleting one.

>From:    Phyllis Spy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Thoughts on Time, Breeders, Shelters
>
>2) Breeders - ALL breeders should take a hard look at the numbers of
>shelter ferrets and use those numbers to determine how many, if any,
>babies should be put out there for sale.  Shelters all over the country
>are filled to maximum capacity and we are worrying about what colors are
>acceptable to breed.  The first issue, shelter ferrets, should be addressed
>before thinking about adding to the already overwhelming burden our
>shelter moms/dads are facing today.

This is a problematic question you ask.  We HAVE looked at the numbers of
ferrets in shelters.  As well as some reasons that some shelter have too
many ferrets while others seem to end up with more adopters than adoptees.

Since there is no science than can reduce this very philosophical question
to a simple mathematical equation, please forgive those who have arrived at
different answers.

>From:    melissa <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Friday: Nov 1994-Oct 2000

So sorry to have heard this.  Please accept our condolences.

>From:    Maggie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Black Footed Ferrets?
>
>I was asked about the re-introduction of BFF's.  Are there any colonies in
>New Mexico?  Someone asked me about them, thinking they had spotted some
>along side a road there.

Unless it was also a roadside black tailed prairie dog colony these are
more likely to have been long tailed weasels or the like.

>From:    Ann Badnadge <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: expert
>
>an EX , is an," has been " and a SPURT is " a drip under pressure ."  There
>are an awful lot of people out there that fit this bill..  and when I here
>them I just smile at, them and agree.
>
>The wisest  ones are the one's that are PROFICIENT in what they do.....

But do you really want someone who gets paid (PRO) for smelling like
tuna (FISH SCENT)?  Why is that so wise?

Someone who is actually proficient is by real definition likely an
expert.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets