From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 16:44:59 -0700
>On that note I would like to ask if some sort of prosthetic (sp) devise
>could be fashon to restor more of Foggy's mobility...

I keep thinking similar things.  Hmmm...what about a kind of shirt or
something that is set up to be very slippery on the bottom, say, overlapping
teflon "scales" that'll allow him to slide on the carpet/bedding easier yet
just use the (forthcoming?) callussed ends as traction.

In checking the way my guy's legs/feet are constructed, it occurs that much
will depend on just where them damn rubber bands were.  If they were *right*
behind where the pad area starts, he may be surprisingly normal...for
example, at the rear, only half of the "foot" structure ever normally hits
ground during walking or boinging; it's not like the human foot, where the
heel touches down.  Which means Foggy may have the back half of his hind
feet still there, with his achilles tendon and at least somewhat normal
function intact.  That's if the rubber bands were around what we'd call the
"arch" of our feet...of they were around what'd correspond to the *ankle*,
yikes...setting him up as a "belly-slider" starts to look good.

This brings up another point: man, if Dayna ever gets raided and Foggy ends
up in custody, the absolute firestorm of protest that would erupt over it
would be completely unprecedented.  Just the fact that a saint like Dayna
has to be a fugitive is the single most obvious sign that the ban is total
and absolute insanity.