From:
Pherit Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:14:06 -0700
Did ya know dat da Boogie man is real?  He is.  I saw him and even got ta
talk to her.

Yes, da Boogie man is really a girl. Honest!  I no lie.

It was late one night a little while ago and I got ta go outside.  Me no
tell mommy or daddy (Will tell ya all about my adventures outside later).

So, I outside and it dark out.  Dhere is no one out dhere and I bouncin
around and playin.  I was havin a good ole time dhen I heard someone
scream inside a house.  So I go runin over dhere to see if I could help
and I saw her.

She had long curly fur and was about 7 feet tall!  She had dhese pretty
red eyes and teeth dhat I would kill for.  Dhere were long and pretty
white and so sharp.  I bet she could eat banna chips without any problem.

I scared her.  I didn't mean to but she didn't see me.  Her and I sat and
talked by a tree.

She said "I can't believe you scared me, I normally scare people".

I said "Well I not people, I a ferret and my name is Pherit.  I sorry
I scare you, I no mean to.  I just here scream and come ta cee what was
goin' on".

"Oh" she said "a ferret, I haven't seen a ferret in a long time."

She just kept lookin' at me.  So I asked "whats your name?"

She tole me her name was Eve.  Isn't dhat a pretty name?  I like dhat
name.  Why couldn't I be named Eve?  Oh oh, I know, cause it's a girls
name.

I asked her why she scared people.

She said " I don't mean to scare them, it's just my appearance.  People
see me and scream.  Then I run away."

"Why your appearance scare people?  I no dhink you look ugly.  I dhink
you pretty." I asked her.

"People don't understand that I am part human.  They only see the other
side of me and they don't like it." She explained.

"What other part?" I asked confuzed.

She said "I am also part ferret".

"WOW!  Part ferret!  Dhat is so kwel!" I almost yelled.

"It's not so good.  It is the ferret part of me that gets me in trouble."
She said.

I tried ta tell her dhat was a good thing but she kept talkin.  "I try to
meet new people and play with them.  I want to be loved and to be played
with.  When they come outside I go up to them dooking and laughin but
they start screaming and running.  they think that me being 7 feet tall,
with long hair and scary eyes and teeth give them the right to call me
something I am not."

"what do dhey call ya?"  I asked concerned about her.

"They call me the Boogie man"

"but you not a man!  and how did dhey come up with Boogie?"  I blurted
out.

"I know but they don't know that.  I think they came up with boogie
cause of my dance that I do.  Boogie is a named that people use to use
to dancing.  So since I danced I got that name." She said.

"Dhat so sad" I tole her.  Dhen I had an idea.  So I asked her "will you
boogied with me?"

Her pretti red eyes lite up and she jumped up and down and shouted "yes".

So we boogied for hours until we couldn't boogie no more.

Da next time you see da boogie man, just remember that she is part ferret
and her name is Eve.  She doesn't mean ta scare ya, she just wants to
play.

Tootles,
Pherit