From:
"Courtney J. Scholl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 23:42:54 -0400
WOW!  I am sitting here looking at my fuzzbutts in amazement.  When I came
home today, I thought someone had snuck in and switched them with some other
ferrets.  I've had Chloe and Sabrina for over a year and a half now and I
don't remember them going through such a coat change last year.  Up until a
week ago, Sabrina was a sable colorpoint (?) with a very rich creamy
undercoat with a buttery cast.  She had a mask but it was thin across the
nose and not too wide.  Today, she has a streak of silvery toned undercoat
running down the middle of her back and her mask is 2-3 times darker and has
begun to surround her eyes.  Chloe's changes haven't been so drastic but she
still has a widening of the mask and her coat looks better than ever.  In
the past, Chloe's coat was always thin and kind of wiry.  Not sure what's
going to happen with Audrey, my new addition.  I'm going to take a picture
of her today then compare it to one in a few weeks.

Speaking of my new baby: She is eating more per day than Chloe and Sabrina
combined.  The 2lb 8oz bag of Eukanuba is supposed to last an 8lb cat for 19
days.  At this rate, my less than 6lbs of ferret are going to plow through
it in 14 days.  I shudder to think of the undernourishment she was subject
to before being taken in by Rob!

-Courtney