From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:02:58 -0800
Well, we got something kinda cool yesterday...his name is Atilla The Hun and
he is a silver panda that flew all the way to Seattle from Virginia and
charmed his way through customs when we drove back into Vancouver with him
in the car.  All he did was snooze in his hammock and ocassionally reach
down and have a lap at the water bottle.  It didn't appear that it caused
him any stress.  Delta Dash, except for being a little bit clueless as to
where one actually picks up live cargo being flown into the airport,
satisfied me.  I guess I'd say I have to reccomend them pretty well.

At the border, they were distressed to discover there was no category for
"ferret" in the computer so they had to put him in under mink.  They all
seemed amused that he was flown here from Virginia.  They were all to
distracted to notice the bulging bag of pet supplies we had picked up at
Petsmart in Bellingham.  (By the way, that location is selling that big
black cat cage with all the levels for $184.00 - I think it's called a
Midwest Playpen?  Or something...)

Atilla is here to woo our chocolate female Cameo and it seems he did a fine
a job on that rather quickly.  He busted out of his temporary cage (a big
fat 7lb ferret named Milo is in Atilla's cage while dieting) and grabbed
Cameo from where she was playing and hauled her back home with him.  They've
been - errr - courting ever since.  Atilla is very, very tired, but he won't
let go of her neck.  We'd hoped to give Atilla a few days to settle in, but
apparently he doesn't feel the need to settle at all.  Ferrets really are
wonderfully adaptable.

Anyway, we are very fond of our new boy, the cuddly Atilla.  (Cameo may have
a different opinion) Thank you muchly, Bill and Diane Killian (Zen and the
Art of Ferrets) for sending us this stinky, ugly yellowly treasure of a
ferret.  He's great, even if he does have only one thing on his mind...

Sheena
WFHHF & FAGV