From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:14:02 -0600
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: New Mommie in NY

>What my question is, when sandie n spaz had playtime they became
>inseperable.  They were always following each other n playing well
>together.  But since Spaz left(1day) she seems to be very lazy and
>intraverted.  Is it possible for her to get depressed?  What I'm trying
>to do now is put Rockie in with her, little by little.  Although Rockie
>is used to the tremendous cage shes in.  The cage Sandie is in is smaller
>of course.  But its just for sleeping.  They are out when they r awake.
>So i was just wondering, is it possible for a fuzzie to get depressed?

Oh yes!  That is one of the things multi ferret owners have to watch out
for when a playmate dies, too.  The remaining ferret may go into
depression so bad that it wont eat and they will actually starve
themselves to death unless the owner makes some drastic intervention.

>Also, does anyone know of a fuzzie shelter in the NY area?  I know of one
>in PA.  I was just wondering if there was one in my area, NY, or better
>yet, Long Island.

Have you looked at some of the list of shelters?  The section of the SOS
list for NY is at:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover96/ferrets/SOS-ShelterList2.html and
http://ferretcentral.org has the STAR List.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you converted your carport into a beauty shop.