From:
Andre Klefenz / Jennifer Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 23:02:58 -0400
Hi this is my first letter and my first ferret.  I love him to death, but he
is soooo bad!!!  He is five years old and the people who had him before me
didnt seem to pay much attention to him..  his name is Fonzie and he is very
cuddly, but he has been very hard to train.  He was not litter trained when
I got him and the only time I can get him to use the litter box is if I stay
with him and coax him to.  I have no problem with cleaning up after Fonzie
but how do I solve this problem???  I took the vets advice to leave him in
the cage when he wakes up but if I dont let him out right away he just goes
back to sleep.  I dont want him to stay in his cage all day.  I hace 2
litter boxes in my bedroom, one in his cage and the other in a corner...  at
first we could leave him free in the room and we had no problem, now if he
needs to go and is too far from his litter he'll go wherever (even in the
middle of the floor) (What's a corner!!)

We also have a litter in our living room, which took him a week to use, he
thought it was a sand box!!!  We litterally have to put him in the litter
box and point at him with a mean face before he'll go.  We do give him
treats afterwards and give him a time out when he is bad, but he doesnt seem
to know the difference.  i need help!!!