From:
Lauren Sautner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 22:35:20 -0400
    Recently I've noticed that the hair on Zaphod's neck has been
"disappearing" and I'm getting a little bit concerned.  I brought him to to
the vet yesterday for a routine visit and when I questioned him about the
hair loss he seemed to think that it was due to the natural fold in his
skin.  The part that is bare is completely bare.  I hadn't noticed him
scratching until tonight but the vet assured me that it wasn't a result of
fleas, mites, etc.  Trillian is due for her shots in a couple of weeks and
he said to keep an eye on his neck and if it got any worse to bring him in
again with Trillian.  Does this "natural fold" idea sound right?  If it is
this then why is it only occurring on the left side of his neck?  He doesn't
have any reason to be stressed out as far as I know, so I don't think it is
stress related.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  I'm thinking of
bringing him to another vet, but I don't know if this is necessary.  I would
like to think I can completely trust the opinions of my vet.

    Anyway, other than that the visit went pretty well.  Zaphod was pretty
frightened and clung to me for dear life.  It was kind of cute but I felt
bad for him.  I don't know if you all remember but he's the one with the
dirty ears.  You'll be happy to know that I bought an ear-clensing product
and it's working well.  The ear mite test came back negative so we're in the
clear.

    Sorry I've taken up so much space.  Thanks in advance for any advice
about the hair loss.

Lauren, Trillian, and Zaphod :)