From:
daring_daisy_do <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:39:56 -0500
>From:    "Barbara A. Hoult (aka Gustafson)" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Has anyone had experience with tiny dogs and ferrets????

Hi Barb.  Small dogs, huh.  We have 2 here that do great with the
ferrets.  One is a 9-10 yr old Pomeranian and the other is a 14 month
old Tea-Cup Poodle.  Spike, the Pom, was here before the ferrets and
does just fine.  He doesn't really play with them, more tolerates their
antics.  Bison, the TC Poodle, had been here since she was about 8 weeks
old and has been raised with our 16 ferts.  She is wonderful with them
BUT because of her age and exuberance we watch her carefully when she is
playing with the ferts.

Neither dog has been seriously nipped by a fert nor have the dogs snapped
at them.  But you do still need to watch carefully, a dog-even small-can
play very rough.  And of course, ferrets don't know just how hard they
can bite.

Lynn-The Love Zoo