Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:45:54 EST
I took annie to the vet this morning.  After examining her, she's almost
positive that it's not an obstruction; she said we'd be seeing vomiting
and very runny diarrhea, which hasnt been the case with her.  she's
running a bit of a fever and is slightly dehydrated.  They ran a fecal
test and found lots of bacteria.  The vet gave her subQ fluids and sent
us home with antibiotics and some A/D and a bigger syringe for feeding her
(I was using the only syringe I had which was a 1CC syringe!).  Already
she's more avtice just from having the fluids.  The vet wants us to try
to get 30CC of food in her per day.  When we got home I mixed the AD with
some Pedialyte and managed to give her 8CC's.  we're going to try some
more in a little bit.  I just really want to see her start eating on her
own again!  The vet said if she starts vomiting we would need to get her
in for some Xrays, but she seems to think that its just a nasty virus.  I
just hope the others dont get it. ;(

Thanks all for your thoughts and kind words!
Becky