From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:35:15 -0700
I gotta tell you about a very determined little girl that came over the
bridge the other day, named Tootsie.  I was called to the bridge to wait
on her arrival.  Before her appearance, the sun got just a little bit
brighter, the breeze a bit warmer, and the air a bit sweeter.  "Toots The
Cute", came over the bridge very hesitantly.  Not because of fear and not
because of lack of determination in her personality.  But she was caught
in the notion that she shouldn't be here yet.  Sometimes this happens
when a little one feels pulled back to the other side, worries about
others left behind, or has been caught off guard by their leaving.  In
Tootsies case, I think she was caught quite off guard.

When she saw that there was no where to go but forward, I greeted
her with a smile, and she felt the great love and warmth up here.  I
introduced myself, but she was just realizing how great she felt.  Being
so energetic and young, it was hard for her to be still for me.  She was
such a pretty site.  It was like she was meant for wings and halo all
along.  She must have been an angel on earth.

Anyway, I told her that I was the head weangel and there just for her.
You can bet that I was met with question after question.  The first
asking about her daddy and mommy and when they were coming.

I told her that she'd be so busy, she wouldn't have time to think about
that.  She didn't look convinced so I told her about the reflecting pond.
And about how you can put your ear to the clouds at any given time to
hear your loved ones.  Feeling more secure her next question was that
although she could see the bridge was filled with playmates and furries
to curl up to, was there going to be anyone special here to keep her
company as she waited for her mommy and daddy.

I told her that was the big surprise up here.  We went skipping off right
past all the cool stuff like the soup bowl, dirt mountain, tube races and
everything just to meet her new playmate first.  We came across a funny
boy who was digging through the rice beds.  "Him?!  Oh boy!  My new
friend?!" she exclaimed.

"Sure enough," I said.  I told her his name was Bruno.  He lifted his
head at the mention of his name, but then he shrugged us off and
continued digging.  But not for long.  Tootsie leaped on top of him and
they went rolling over the rice.  He pushed her away and started to dig
again, when she bit his butt!  I explained to Bruno who she was.  But he
said he didn't need a little friend to help him dig.  Tootsie giggled and
grabbed him around the neck and told him that she loved him.  Boy was she
determined.  She was not going to let Bruno ignore her for one minute.
Her perseverance paid off because pretty soon he was quite smitten with
her.  He said, "well, maaaaaaybe I can look out for her ... for mom and
dad that is."  Whatever!  I can tell you he has been on top of the world
with his new little buddy.  I find them snuggling in the clouds with
their pink toes up in the air daily.  At peace.

Sandee