From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:18:55 -0400
An article in "The Press of Atlantic City" this weekend, from the
Associated Press, stated that:
"..Experts say canine influenza is spreading steadily through the
nation's dogs, with NO vacine available to curb it."....also, that ..
"It turns out to be a new disease, 'canine influenza virus', or 'dog
flu' ".///
"Many pet owners & veterinarians have been fooled because some of the
symptoms mimic a common, less dangerous bacterial infection known as
kennel cough".

Since there is no vacine available, be careful if your dog has visited
other dogs, such as at kennels, dog shows, dog runs, etc., if they
interact with your ferrets!  Since vets do not even know much about it,
better to be safe than sorry when it comes to our furries!

Just an FYI.....
john rich & the n.j. gang.

p.s., yes, we all know by now that 'ferrets do not catch colds'......
however, this is an "unknown" virus.