From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:31:00 -0000
Okay... i am beginning to see the need for LONG responses on lists.  I
would like to start by saying I do not feel attacked or anything of the
like.

I think I need to add some clarification to my post about "training animals
to hunt or be aggressive"... There is a HUDGE difference between ANY animal
(including humyns) hunting from an instinctual response to its nature and
an animal hunting or behaving aggressively for the reward of its hoomin.
This study I was talking about was one I DID personally I have a very
respected degree from a respected university in psychology.  I chose to do
my thesis on violence and aggression as a result of the humyn influence on
nature.  Dogs, Cats and YES, even my cuddly little loveable ferrets are
preditory animals, yes they are carnivores and yes in the wild and even in
captivity it is NOT uncommon or unatural behaviour for any of these animals
(and some others) to kill other animals or attack.  My thesis was NOT about
this behaviour my thesis was about the behaviour humyns instill in their
beloved pets to create better guard dogs, cats that kill mice in the home
or even hunting companions... if you reward your animal with treats or
attention for the act of killing/hunting this is not a natural instinct for
ANY animal, this then becomes a learned behaviour.  I also said I was not
attacking anyone so I apologize to anyone who took it personally.  The
point I was intending to make was that animals CAN co-exist with other
animals (even animals that in the wild would be considered prey) though
animals who are rewarded for the hunt are likely to NOT understand that
this new presence is friendly and not game.  I will say that I do have
strong feelings in the ANTI category when it comes to hunting "for sport"
and I would conceed that these feelings tend to show through verbal
exchanges without my being totally aware of it sometimes.  I do NOT tell
others what to do or condemn people for having opposing views ... I have a
very open mind and do not spend alot of time trying to be right through the
wronging of others... thats all I ask of you!

Bella:  but ... mommmmy... I want pepsi... why cant I have pepsi??
Stuey:  When are them other guys comin to live wiff us?

"There's no sense barking if there's nobody listening!" -Snoopy!

Dooks and Dance!
-Betty