From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:07:30 EDT
Most of you remember the days on the FML before I had darling
Dippy-doodle, and had Jubilee Spirit.  For those of you who do not
remember or were not here yet, she was a dark eyed marked white ferret
who seemed to have my silly personality.  She rarely slept, was the most
outgoing ferret I had ever come across, and did some pretty darn flaky
things (go figure).  She would engage in a very odd activity when
everyone was tired of playing with her (human and animal alike).  After
she strolled to the middle of a room, she'd suddenly stop, crouch down,
stare up into the air, then with a great swish-swoosh-bang she was
swatting, thrashing, rolling and pouncing on imaginary psychedelic
butterflies.  And this would go on until she'd stare at us puzzled at
why we were just in tears with laughter watching her.  She was the first
little ferret I owned in many years.  Everyone thought she was just
adorable.  She was deaf, had gorgeous blue pupils, and looked like a
spirit flitting around the house with her ghostly markings.

But our time with her did not last long.  I was introduced to a hideous
disease through her ... juvenile lymphoma.  Alas she never got to see the
home we only used to dream of and acquired in part due to her.  She left
here at only ten months old to do some important work at Rainbow Bridge
for the Kouri Fan Club.  It was a wonderful honor.

To this day she occasionally says hello to me from the bridge.  I get
cards and puzzles, just little hello's.  But the other day something
came in the mail... a bit larger.  I learned a new word that day --
"co-mis-sion".  LOL.  Yah.  That's when someone gets someone else ...
nonono, wait.  That's when... see you have you, and you have me, but
then someone else....... no that's not it.  You have a third party that
orders, but then the first party ... ugh.  I know!  Karen Douglas of
the Scruff You Gang told me how to remember this.  Co - mission .... you
have two people that get together on a mission ... to make another (that
would be me) happy!!!!!!

My husband and I opened this surprise box on our doorstep together.
There in the box who's return addie was Rainbow bridge, was a sweet card.
In the card was a message from Jubliee Spirit, and perfect little angel
wings that ferret sized.  I don't know who was on this mission with
Jubilee and Karen, but I thank you on behalf of all of my family.  I saw
my husband cry tears for the first time in years.  They were happy tears.
Out of the box he had lifted up a perfect likeness of Jubilee Spirit.  A
large statue of her with psychedelic, glittery butterflies all over it.
The surface was made up of patches cut out in heart shapes that is said
to represent a ferret's heart that you have patched and a patch left by
that ferret on your heart.

I just wanted to tell you all this story to share how wonderful and
thoughtful people are.  I wanted to show you a picture of it on her
website.  And most of all I wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful
thoughts that I've always felt over the years and for all the wonderful
things they have ever done for me ... this being just one example.

Take a look on the page of Jubilee Spirit.  I really hope to get a better
photo up after a few days.  You cant' see how colorful and sparkly the
butterflies are or anything.  I think later on the website my original
email telling Kat and Karen about my new gift will be on there.  I'd
love for people to read it now that I've reread it.  Because I wrote it
when I first got the statue and it really says how I "felt".
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/HappyHeartsFerret.html

Thank you ... again.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com

[Moderator's note: The above didn't load for me -- perhaps the site is
temporarily unavailable.  BIG]