From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 05:24:15 -0700
>From:    matan rosenstrauch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 4 ALL THE ISRAELIS.
>im looking for some1 to help me write a ferret book.  im having now a big
>vacation and have time to work on this project.  its really important coz
>theres no ferret book in hebrew and many ferret owners...

Matan, that sounds like a great idea!  You could spend LOTS of time talking
to KNOWLEDGEABLE ferret owners, researching the Internet, reading other
ferret books, and talking to veterinarians that treat ferrets.  Preparing
to write a book is a great opportunity to do research and that is vital
because you will want the book to be ACCURATE and full of helpful
information.  It is important that this type of book be full of FACTS and
not your opinions.

The first chapter of your book could be called: The Importance of Spaying

You said,
>I think that it is wrong 2 spay an animal, as it is 1 of the 2 basic needs
>of her.  she cares only 4 those 2 instincts and it is cruel to not let her
>have, even if its better 4 her health.

I don't understand your logic, Matan.  It's cruel not to let her have
babies but it's NOT cruel to let her get sick and/or die??

What two basic needs do you think she has??  Her two basic needs are food
and water!  THen comes shelter.  Those are the very basic needs of every
animal and insect and human.  Having babies is not a basic need of any
animal.  In humans it's a choice, in animals it's instinct...not a need.
The ONLY reason she would NEED to have a litter is to take her out of heat
so that she will not die.

You also said,
>...even id she doesnot enjoy the sex, she is 100% enjoying having kits
>to this world and pass on her genes.  this is how we all r, arent we?

Animals don't have sex because they ENJOY it.  Animals mate only to have
offspring.  Animals aren't capable of thinking "I want to mate because it
feels good AND I want to pass on my genes." Only humans have sex for the
pure enjoyment (??) :-P and only humans think about the need to carry on
the species.  Only humans DESIRE to have offspring, only humans go to
great lengths to plan and prepare.

Renee