From:
"K. Sherman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 22:08:33 EDT
Date:  96-05-01 14:03:39 EDT
From:  LEGALIN95

The Southbay Animal Shelter in Bonita, CA killed a perfectly healthy ferret
Wednesday morning because "he was county property and unclaimed." They know
that Ferrets Anonymous has a lost and found department, and will ship any
ferrets to Arizona that need to go.

We find this unacceptable, It could just as easily been Daisy.

We are going to picket the South Bay animal shelter on Saturday morning
between 10 am and noon.  A postcard will be in the mail today to all FA
members in San Diego county (about 400) asking them to help in the picket.
Anyone who wishes to join us, the shelter (death camp) is at 5821 Sweetwater
(corner of Jamacha) in Bonita.  Please e-mail legalin95 for more details.

Pat Wright
Subj:  Re:PICKET!!!
Date:  96-05-01 18:03:09 EDT
From:  LEGALIN95

PICKET AND MEMORIAL SERVICE, SOUTHBAY ANIMAL SHELTER,
 5821 SWEETWATER RD IN BONITA
SATURDAY, MAY 4TH,  10 AM TO NOON

The Southbay animal shelter euthanized a perfectly healthy pet ferret on
Wednesday morning, May 1st.  No attempts were made to contact FA or ship the
pet out of state.  We were told the pet "was county property" and they
followed procedure.  We learned of this tragedy from an anonymous source who
was obviously bothered by it.

It is time to prevent any further killing of our pets.  Please join us as we
picket the policies of the Southbay animal shelter, and mourn the loss of
such a joyful creature.  We will have a mock tombstone, so please bring
flowers, ferret toys, or anything else you'd like to use to say goodbye.  We
will have some picket signs available, but if possible, please bring your
own.  Remember - the next ferret they kill could be your pet who
accidentally made it out of the house!

Directions: From Hwy 5 (south for most of you) take the Southbay Freeway
(54) east.  Stay on 54 <197> it turns into Sweetwater road, The animal
shelter is at the intersection of Sweetwater and Jamacha, top of the hill on
the right.  (or consult your Thomas Guide)