From:
Robert Birtles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:10:53 +1000
Hi there all,

My name is Rob Birtles and I am emailing from Australia.  I am new to this
newsgroup and I would like to say gday to everyone on this list.  This
weekend I will be picking up my first pet ferret and so I have been reading
up bigtime on past digests from this list and the FAQ from Ferret Central
etc.  I must say that I feel really comforted knowing that there are so many
experienced people on this list who show much kind regard in helping out
fellow ferreters who have need of help or reassurance.

I have read that there has (or is) much discussion of what to feed ferrets.
What do people say about feeding their ferrets earthworms.  I have read that
some ferret owners give their ferrets "playtime" in soil or sand to let them
dig their little heart out to content.  If there were a few tasty earthworm
treats in the soil would that cause any harm?  Earthworms are fairly easy to
look after and their multiple in numbers especially when you use them for
your compost.  They are full of protein (not sure about the fat content) and
some earthworms (tigerworms) will certainly wriggle alot when unearthed.

Any comments?

Rob - soon to try training a ferret but most likely to be trained by the
ferret instead.