From:
Tara Kostezky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:37:30 +0800
Hi, I'm Tara K.  I've been subscribed to the FML for about 7 weeks (I tend
to post more on alt.pet.ferrets but read the FML everyday).  The FML is
well-known in the WAFFS (local ferret org) and I subscribed through
FerretCentral.  I live in Perth, Western Australia and have kept ferrets
since I was 17.

My first ferrets were a pair of working ferrets that I kept for hunting
with hawks (I've also been involved in raptor rehab since I was but a
little tacker), so I didn't really get to know them that well.  They pretty
much lived in the cage and only came out for rabbiting expeditions.  At the
time there was not a lot of information on keeping ferrets "as pets" per se
so I missed out on a lot of the joy of ferret ownership.  Btw their names
were Charles and Diana (hope the Royal Family forgives me for that one :)

The ferrets and hawk went during my final year at high school (the hawk
back the wild, the ferrets to a new home), when I moved out of home and
found that I just no longer had time for it.

I'm currently taking an extended break from work (work? work? who needs
it :) so after 12 long years in the wilderness I've finally come home to
what I love best.  Keeping animals.  The more the merrier :)

I've currently got two cats (Spooky and Dana) and five ferrets (Ferrety
James and the four kits).  I was going to start slowly and only get one
ferret but she tricked me by being unexpectedly pregnant and giving birth
to a couple of kits about a week after I got her.  One of the kits died
when only a week old (no reason why, just one of those things), and she's
surrogating three more.  Monster Truck is the boy (current pin-up boy of
a.p.f :), one of the girls is Audrey (as in Hepburn) and the other two
girls don't have names yet (nothing perfect for them has sprung to mind).
The website is here if you wish to take a peek:
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Stage/6527/

Currently waiting on a hawk so this summer should be fun!

TK

PS If anyone is wondering about "Ferrety James" it's a pun on one of our
local radio personalities, Verity "deeply well" James.  Cracks people up
whenever I tell them Ferrety's name.  Verity (the radio star) got her
nickname because when she was asked how she was by one of her callers she
told them "deeply well".  I've got rather a silly sense of humour.  I'll
try not to post too much, they can't kick me out for really bad jokes in
apf, but I'm not taking my chances with BIG :)