From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:45:35 -0400
Hello -
as I read the latrest posts on jaw & facila deformities-- then read
the genetic suspicions please please folks-- During the developmental
process -- malnutrition serves to be the foremost danger in bone , jaw &
tooth development.  This WAS the problem with bad food years ago for Path
Valley, this IS the problem with many recent intakes at the shelter here--
( twisty little noses, overbites--

I am not familiar with the mink diet that K&C fed, however I know both Path
Valley & Marshalls do feed fish based essentially mink diets as well.

Those  folks breeding ferrets and still feeding Iams cat / kitten  since
the formulation change should CONSIDER THIS  SINCERELY!!!  As I view the
output of the diet on these kids.

Malnutrition in pregnant women produces the same problems-- a balanced
diet is essential for breed capable mammals!  While jaw irregularity and
overbites MIGHT be genetic-- A deeper look into the diet of the parent
before & during the gestation should be weighed HEAVILY!

I really appreciate healthy ferrets!

Alicia
and the many funny little  faces at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org