From:
Chris Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 10:47:51 -0800
I have two 3 yr old ferrets and two seven year old cats.  Unfortunately, I
also have tons of fleas that all of a sudden seemed to bombard our
household.  I have never had my house sprayed (fogged) for fleas while I've
had my ferts and I'm a bit nervous about it.  I'm going to take my fuzzies
with me to work the day the pest control people come, and I'm having my cats
flea dipped.  But what I worry about is afterwards.  One of my ferrets
favorite places to sleep is inside my couches.  This is where they stash
things, because I've heard balls jingling from somewhere inside the couches.
What if they've stashed food there?  And then what if they eat that food
after I've had the house sprayed.  Wouldn't that be like a poison to them?
Or do you think stuff inside the couches would be unaffected?  Short of
ripping the bottoms off of the couches, there is no way I can access what's
inside.  The little buggers have torn holes in the fabric just big enough to
let them get inside the couches.  (I know, I spoil them.  But what can I do!
I won't take their privilege of roam of the house away from them--even if it
means my couches suffer!  For the first couple years I had them, they lived
in a cage and only got to come out and play at specified times.  Now that
they have roam of the house, they are like different ferrets and
tremendously more happy now that they don't have to live in a cage).

Are there any alternatives, warnings, experiences or suggestions any of you
can offer?  Thanks!

Chris
Tabby (turn me on my back and rub my belly!)
Alex (I love to cuddle and sleep on the big black Ray cat)