From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:28:10 -0700
Thanks for all your heartfelt emails after I posted about losing
Duncan. My mailbox has been overflowing today and it's really helped.
It's one thing to have friends and/or family at times like this. But
nothing is better than feeling the love and warmth of fellow ferret
owners who know only too well how hard it hurts to lose one of these
precious little guys - not to mention three as quickly as I have.

Every time I lose a ferret I start to think that I should just give up
on being a ferret owner - it's far too hard when we lose them. I should
stick to having just cats - at least they stick around for 12, 13, even
20 years. But last night - when I let my remaining four out for a romp
just before bedtime they reminded me why I have them in my life. They
were bouncing all over my bed - covering my face with kisses as I
lifted each of them up to snuggle - and then running backwards and
falling off the bed when I put them down. Three of them at once decided
it was "SIC KITTY!!!" and proceeded to chase Percy back and forth in
the living room until he turned around and playfully gave each of their
little heads a swat - which made them even more nuts - a major dook
fest! They bring such humour and joy to our lives so I guess the pain
we have to feel in losing them is the price we pay.

Usually the gang sleeps in the large hammock in the cage - the one that
spans an entire floor - while Duncan often slept alone in this cozy
cuddle cup. Last night all four them piled into the cuddle cup. So
they definitely are noticing he's not there. I'm sure we all will be
for awhile. He was a sweet, wonderful fuzzy.

Laura and The Ferretocious Four at
www.ferretocious.com