From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:00:30 -0400
Howdy there!  Well, we did it!  On Sunday, Jasper and I went to the Ferret
Aid Society of Toronto and adopted a wonderful little chocolate sable named
Tessa.  Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much Randy!!  She's a feisty little
thing and is trying real hard to mark her spot in the heirarchy!  Of
course, the fact that Frodo outweighs her by a good chunk and Geisha has
had some experience dealing with whipper-snappers like this before, it
hasn't been that easy for her.  But she's handling herself well and we
haven't had much in the way of serious scuffles.  I think things should
iron themselves out in the next couple weeks.

She is definitely a climber (Mount Everest - here I come!!) and the one
other thing we've discovered is that she has a major thing for nipping
ankles/tops of feet.  Now we know she's a little strung out right now and
maybe once she settles in more, that habit will calm down abit.  We're not
certain if it's actually our socks she's after or if it's feet in general.
Hoping we can break her of this habit pretty quick - she's biting pretty
darned hard!!!  So far we've been scruffing her and sternly saying NO!
Tessa's fast though so you gotta get down from that jump and youch!
quickly to get yer hands on her before she gets away!

Otherwise, she's been great - hits the litterbox no problemo (yippee!) and
hasn't been too pushy with Geisha (which was what I thought would be the
case) but is keeping up with the Frod-meister.  And, of course, she's
sooooooooooo darned cute!!!

We also finished making our cardboard playhouse (thanks Stan for the basic
idea).  I got a big computer box from work and six of the boxes that the
keyboards come in.  We cut holes in all of them and stacked the keyboard
boxes on top of each other to make levels in a maze-tupe pattern.  Frodo
and Tessa love it!  They chased each other through it last night and this
morning.  Geisha thinks (when it's not shaking around cuz of those
younguns) that it's a great nap place.  It's tres cool if we do say so
ourselves!!!

Thanks again Randy for this opportunity! I'll keep everyone posted!

Take care everyone and hugs to all! oxo
George, Jasper with Frodo, Geisha and now Tessa (Tessie, Tessa-rama!)!!!!

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret