From:
Kathleen Marie Crombez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:05:56 -0500
Hello fellow ferret friends,

My name is Kathleen Marie Crombez. I am a geography / GIS graduate
student at Michigan State University. I am currently enrolled in a
course called Thematic Cartography (course alias Geo426), that contains
a large mapping project as one of the course requirements. For this
project, I wish to track and map the migration patterns of the Unique
Impressions (aka DMK) ferrets from the September 2007 surrender. The
success of this project is entirely up to you and the ferret community
as a whole in this data collection process.

The final format of the maps will depend on the contributions supplied
by very one involved in this rescue/surrender. But my view of the
project is to supply one map with the locations of ferrets that
migrated directly from Ferrets Dream House Shelter (shelter and private
owner locations), and a second map with the locations of ferrets that
have migrated from shelters to their final destinations.

Lastly, if there is a large enough response I would like to include an
additional map tracking other DMK kids that were rescued or purchased
from the McKay farm directly and one tracking the locations of various
health issues related to these kids. The final maps will be made
available on the web at the completion of the project in May.

I hope to get a large response to this post. Please copy and paste the
survey below or go to
<http://www.msu.edu/%7Ecrombezk/DMKsurvey.doc>
to download the survey in Microsoft Word format and e-mail it to me
directly at
with "data collection" in the subject line.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions, questions,
or concerns with this project.

Thank you all in advance,
Kathleen Marie Crombez

[P.S.:]
Hello again. Might I also ask that anyone including optional
information about individual ferrets also supply age and sex. I
have updated the downloadable file. Thank you again to everyone
for their cooperation.
Kathleen

LIST OF ITEMS ESSENTIAL FOR TRACKING AND MAKING THE MAP

<>Please specify if you are a shelter or private owner: <>

Who you adopted from (i.e. shelter name or Lori):  <>

Number of ferrets adopted: <>

Your location (either city/state or zip code):

(I do respect the privacy of individuals in Ferret Free Zone's. If you
live in a FFZ and wish to participate, please enter FFZ CA, FFZ NYC,
FFZ anonymous, or something to that nature in location)

<>OPTIONAL ITEMS TO INCLUDE IF YOU WOULD LIKE THEM DISPLAYED<>

Your name or shelter name:

Date transported from Ferrets Dream House Shelter:

Date transported from other shelter:<>

Person or shelter involved in the transport:

Ferret names, colors, markings, etc.:

Health issues, and number of ferrets affected (may include more than
one): <>

Photo attachment: <>

Any other information you would like to supply:

<>ITEMS THAT WOULD MAKE MORE GOOD MAPS
(I will do these maps also if I get a large enough response)  <>

Health issues, and number of ferrets affected (may include more than
one):  <>

Involvement (monetary or supply donations, volunteer work, transport,
etc.):  <>

Ferrets rescued or purchased from the McKay Farm directly.
Number of ferrets:
Date:
Your location (either city/state or zip code):
Health issues:
Other information:

[note to BIG - I hope this is alright to promote on the FML. If it is
not, I appolgize for your troubles.]

[Sure, it's fine -- thanks for checking! BIG]