From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 13:40:39 -0400
If anyone saw WOR-TV news last night (channel 9 in NYC) they showed 3
ferrets in a pet store cage (Parrots of the World) as part of a news
story on "Ferrets-on-the-Run in NYC.  Well that cute sable was
the jill that I bought tuesday night!  They say everyone gets their
15 minutes of fame, that was hers :-)

The story featured Gary Kaskell (sp?) from NYC Friends of Ferrets and
a couple of others showing off their fuzzies in a NYC park.  Also
shown was a ferret exiled to NJ (how cruel ;-) after biting
someone.

Gary was really on target with some good bite statistics of ferrets
vs. dogs (7 per 10,000 vs. 70 per 10,000) and quick tounged
condemnation of the NYC buracracy (sp?).

Also (for balance) the fascist ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H director of the DOH (I
think) explaining how dangerous ferrets are (comparing them to
alligators and bears !!!) as well as a vet explaining how ferrets
are not really domesticated and shouldn't be considered
as good a pet as a dog or cat.

I taped the segment in case anyone is interested.

BTW we tentatively named our baby "Belle" due to her amazingly good
looks (or was it her love of bells?).

--
SteveS and Belle from NYC