From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 12:52:24 -0400
Millie writes
>Okay everybody here is your chance to make a change for our ferrets.

Millie is right, we have an EXTRAORDINARY opportunity right now.  Two
major retailers of ferret products, PETsMART and Ferret Depot, have
already agreed to start removing inappropriate foods and treats (those
with high sugar content like yogurt drops, and those containing pieces
of dried fruits and vegetables).  Two more, Petco and The Ferret Store,
have expressed interest is seeing what the can do.

I (and others) have been in communication with Dr. Thomas Edling,
Director, Veterinary Medicine for Petco.  He agrees those foods and
treats are bad, and is working to remove them and get better products.
He needs to educate his company, and thus would be happy to receive
POLITE emails from "experts in the care and feeding of ferrets" to show
his bosses and colleagues.  So let him know your concerns, and remember
he is on OUR side!  [log in to unmask]

Scott Sanfilippo, President of NEEPS, the parent company of The Ferret
Store, is also listening.  Let him know your concerns too, POLITELY!  In
the past, The Ferret Store has been very responsive to the needs of the
ferret community.  We hope to see this continue.  [log in to unmask]

Finally, I know a number of shelters and clubs sell ferret products to
help support their organizations.  I hope they will look at their product
lineup too, and do what is in the best interest of the ferrets.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org