Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 04:26:09 -0800
Greetings,

I have 2 hobs.  One at 5 months, one at 4 months.  I've been debating
when will be the optimal time to neuter.  I suppose my options are just
before rut or waiting after.  I want to know if there are +/- to each.
I understand before rut I will avoid the smell, sliming and aggression
of a male in heat.  If I wait however, he will continue to grow and may
or may not benefit healthwise.  I've read some of Bob Church articles on
the subject and still can't decide.  Any advise?

Also, I read somewhere that if I were to get them fixed before rut, a
lupron shot would help control the first surge of LH and not put a strain
on his lymphatic system possibly helping future health.  Any experience
or thoughts on that potential treatment?

Thank you

Scott, Achilles and Ajax