From:
Michael Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 10:00:55 PDT
Elisa Beth Stamm <[log in to unmask]> wrote about ferrets and their feelings
because she was going to have to leave them with her mother for six weeks.

Elisa, I just wanted to relate our experiences with leaving our kids...

My wife and I take a week-long vacation each year in the middle of May
to go to a state park and get away from it all.  My wife's two sisters
usually come over and tend to the "kids" while we're away.  The fuzzbeans
get played with and fed, etc.

Reports from the sitters included the little ones searching high and low
all over the townhouse for us.  And, I must say, that they are certainly
happy as all get out when we do return!

I'm sure your Silver and Y will be missing you, but they should do okay
as long as they get in enough play time.  Just be ready for a bouncing,
leaping, joyous reunion when you return!

The first time we left Squirt (and then Squirt and Pippi the next year)
we weren't sure if he/they would pout and be mad at us or would be
overjoyed to see us.  Overjoyed was the verdict.

These little fuzzbeans have more personality than is usually attributed
to such small pets.  We love them immensely!

-- Mike and Kim
   Squirt - "Don't leave again!"
   Pippi  - "Can't you at least leave us out of our cage while you're gone?"
   Atlas  - "Don't leave me alone with them, they'll kick my butt!"
   Hijinx - "We'll try not to disturb the neighbors with the party!"

Michael C. Burkard        |              _     Dancing Dookers
Xerox, Rochester, NY USA  |       _____C .._.  Delightfully Digging!
[log in to unmask]     |  ____/     \___/   Feisty Fuzzies in a
My opinions only.         | <____/\_---\_\     Frenzied Frollick!