From:
Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:43:19 -0700
That which follows is the first response I have received as a result of
my asking how the ferret community got started with referring to
"crossing the rainbow bridge" at the time of their ferret's death.  Also
just what does this mean - the "rainbow" in the rainbow bridge?

>  Actually, the rainbow is a sign from God that never will we have to
>  fear that God will destroy the earth by flood as he did in the days of
>  Noah and his ark.  The rainbow is a sign of remembrance that he will
>  not forget his covenant with man regarding flooding the whole earth.
>  Genesis 9:13-17"

If someone can help me tie the above posting to the "rainbow" in the
rainbow bridge, I'd be most appreciative.  As an avowed agnostic,  I'm
speechless.

Does the above scriptural verse also somehow relate to the choice that gay
people have made in choosing the rainbow flag as their colors or symbol?
Also, please help me understand, as the words above imply, how God could
possibly forget?

I'm listening.  Edward Lipinski

[Moderator's note: The FML archives contain rather different explanations
about the origin of the "rainbow."  BIG]