From:
The Ferretously Funky One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:26:40 -0400
When my last two ferrets were about three years old we aquired an itty-bitty
little Rottweiler named Moose.  Growing up with the ferrets I guess he just
decided that they were part of the family too.

They used to play together even after Moose hit the 125lb. mark as an adult.
One of the ferrets' favorite games was to attach themselves to his lips
whenever he stuck his head under the bed :)

He never bit them or growled at them ..  but I do suspect he was under the
impression that the ferts were just technologically-advanced squeaker-toys
(his FAVORITE toy).  He would push the ferrets into the middle of the floor
and then happily try to roll over them the way he did with his squeakies --
the ferrets didnt really appreciate his affection!

We have also had a Lab and a Pointer mix, neither one of whom were ever
allowed near the ferrets after they both growled and snapped at them at
their first encounter.  They were both adults at the time; it may have
worked if they had been puppies like Moosie was.  Then again, maybe it was
their hunting instinct (all Moose ever hunted was squeaker toys :) .

Melissa A. Durfee