From:
Daysi Halperin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:55:43 -0500
Hi, I have a two month old baby ferret, three cats and a nine year old
great dane.  The cats were rescued from shelters.  The great dane, Dixie,
which was to be put to sleep, (since no one wants a nine year old dog),
was also taken into my home.  Dixie is the sweetest thing and is now even
letting the kitten (5 months old) get near her.  (We have recently found
out that she was not loved - attention wise- and was beaten by the owner,
runs from certain items).  Unfortunately, Dixie thinks that Buddy, the
ferret, is a "snack" she licks her chops and everything.  Any ideas ?????
i'm sure they would become the best of friends if they were given the
time, but the vet states that Dixie will only be around a short time,
(her mate died at 9 1/2 years of age), and since we do not have the time,
I would really like to improve their time together.  I could use some
suggestions.

Thanks, all.

Daysi and the gang.