From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 04:39:16 -0400
Ok..... This will be my last public post on this subject, as a flame war or
problem post was NOT the intention of my original post.

First off I most profoundly apologize for offending anyone with my 'witch'
statement.  It was not my itent.  I usually would have used a 'b' word
instead, but felt the post would have been pulled for profanity.  I only
used witch because it had the same "sound" as the 'b' word..... it was
certainly not my intent to profane witches anywhere.

As to the second issue, and BIG I assure you this is my last post on this
subject, this person chose to contact the CDFA (That's the California
Domestic Ferret Association) long known for it's spearheading legalization
efforts in California (it started 13 years ago).  It's taking so long,
because of the attitude of 'we'll go a head and break the law, risk the
animals life and be damned the rest', and IF those idiots with 'time' on
their hands (of which I have none by the way) manage to get them legal then
we too shall reap the rewards of their hard work.

My opening response to this person clearly made the point that whether or
not he supported legalization, he would not get 'how to get a ferret
information' from me or any other representative of the CDFA as to do so
would risk our rescue permit thereby putting the lives of future confiscated
animals in jeopardy.

I stand by my original statements.  Why should I help someone who isn't
willing to help save the lives of these animals put another animal in
California?  These are the same individuals who when their ferret is
confiscated, expect us (the CDFA) to see to the safety of their animal and
Finance the transportation as well...... and in all honesty, we probably
would (safety is a definate, finance is the ify part) for the sake of the
animal's life.

The opening statement of the CDFA Mission statement (previously posted on
the FML) states that the CDFA does not condone, encourage, or endorse the
ownership of ferrets in CA UNTIL they are made legal.

I repeat my offer to send the entire text of the statements made by both
parties to whoever requests it.....

Enough said on this subject on my part..................
CDFA1

PS.... I am NOT Jeanne Carley.  Her id is CDFALegDir.  I am the internet
liason for the CDFA and have been for over a year and prefer not to use my
real name (for personal reasons).