From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:42:53 -0800
We adopted a new ferret, Zo, last weekend.  She is a wonderful little
albino girl, she got along with Trina and Sugar right from the start.
She needs a little bit of litter box training, but otherwise pretty good
over-all.  However, she has a problem with drinking from the bowl.
Instead of just lapping up the water, she sticks her paws in the bowl and
splashes it around and out of the bowl, and then laps up the drops on the
upper part of the bowl.  I have a water bottle on the upper level, but I
have yet to see her drink from it.  I have a 4 level superpet cage, the
bowl is over one of the panels, and there's water around the entire rim
every day.  Any ideas to save me from going thru a lot of paper towels?

Sue
Trina
Sugar
Zo

[P.S.]
I forgot to mention, the bowl is one of those that attaches to the side
of the cage with a screw and a nut.  I have it near the floor of the
cage, cause Trina has insulinoma, and sometimes loses her balance when
she stands on her hind legs.  She prefers the bowl, and I don't want to
make it difficult for her to drink just so the floor will stay dry.

Sue
Trina
Sugar
Zo (but I *like* playing in the water!)