Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:46:42 -0800
Well, I was only gone for three hours today.  In that time Dervish produced
a seedy-looking poopie which, upon closer inspection, contained a large
(almost an inch long) hairball.  It was about as big around as a normal
poopie, and was fairly solid.

She hadn't shown any signs of blockage at all, and I've been keeping a
close watch for them during shedding season.  She was frisky before I left
this morning, she was frisky this afternoon when I got home.  She's eating
fine, and hasn't shown any signs of trouble.

Should I try giving her Petromalt or a laxative, or is this
hairball-passing incident indicative of the Vaseline working?  (Actually, I
hadn't given her any today before she passed it.) She was licking herself
more yesterday because I gave her a bath, so maybe she just ingested more
hair.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret ("Pooping's what weasels do
best!")

==
________

Happiness is a warm ferret.