From:
Murray Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:45:44 +1300
Hi to all the ferret loved and those that love ferrets.  I was wondering
if our friendly vet and/or anyone else could shed some light on what would
turn a ferret orange.  I have until now suspected poor quality food, but
his cage mate looks normal.  About as normal as a nutty ferret can be
anyway.

Also, if anyone has any foolproof advise on how to integrate ferrets
and stop the alphas (3) of them beating up on the newness I would truly
appreciate it.  Two of which i've been trying to integrate successfully now
for aprox 6 months.  I have tried the bedding switch, putting them in each
others cages, linetone on their necks, all sorts of animal stop chew kind
of stuff (we don't have bitter apple here.  If someone could give me the
ingredients i might be able to get a chemist to make me some up ), and have
even tried making up my own brew of yuk to put on their neck but nothing
has worked so far.  A breeder told me to throw them in the middle kinda
thing and let them scrap it out.  They actually seek one particular boy out
and bite him on the head and neck so bad that I had to separate them for
him to heal.  The same person told me to take the attacked one out and let
heal and try again.  I have done this several times but now when I let them
out together they attack him immediately.  Bob Church how do you do it???

Thanking you all kindly.
Hoping someone can help,
Kindest Regards,
Colleen and the Naughty ones in the Furby Gang of ......11. Masika,
Babygirl, Ekatsim, Dukedearfa, Rossy Roscoe, Fleur, zelotis, Zakiya,
Baldadear,Desuba and SSendelos. Plus adoptables of 2, Mia & Milo  =13
<SIGH> For the love of ferrets