From:
"Church, Robert Ray (UMC-Student)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 21:35:05 -0600
Q: "Why did you call it 'Bob's Chicken Gravy?'  Ego or what?"

A:  Yes.

Actually, it was a pun.  There is a widespread fastfood chicken
restaurant named "Church's Chicken."  I love dipping their drumsticks
into their gravy, or I did when I could still eat the stuff.  Since
my last name is Church, the reference was designed as a play on words.
Church's Chicken, Bob Church's Chicken Gravy?  It looks like gravy?
You can nuke it for a ferret's version of fast food?  Get it?

There are many foods I have designed using a play on ferret's names as
their name, including Tui's Chewies, BearMeat, Tori's Tone Up, Sorci's
Soup, Amber's Ambrosia, Silly's Vitamin Sauce, and Wizard's Gizards (and
many more!).  I just like the play on words.  Here is an example of a
series of bone puns I had to cut from my bone-eating post, removed so
the post would fit the FML length restriction:

You're axis me to talk about bones?  At-las I have a bone-afide problem
to talk about that I love!  Have I gone to heaven, or has my spongiosa
brain gone wacky and am I just temporal-ly insane?  Sit bacula bit, and
I'll scratch that intellectual ischium on your scapula and attempt to
malleus your mind.  I'll try not to be a bonehead by being too humerus,
so keep your shin up, and I'll talus you about my frequently osteophagous
ferrets.  I won't fibula, but I might rib you a bit.  I promise not give
you the shaft, and I'll try to make this as compacta as possible.

Egotistic or just demented?  You decide.

Bob C