From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 23:25:15 -0500
It's such a hard time right now for so many that we figured that this
video clip could be of interest and cheer up people:

<http://tingilinde.typepad.com/starstuff/2011/01/inverted-mortgage-cut-by-leo-laudenslager-our-mortgage.html>

Granted, it is from 1992 but I don't think that anyone here has seen
this. It's just now available on DVD instead of just on video, and
Don let us pull out this segment for use on Steve's blog because it
involves Steve and me.

Currently, our three remaining ferrets are wondering where the
Christmas tree went. They puffed up their tails and Pivot even poofed.
Orville has decided that it is good that his ferret mousies are all
living up on the bench now instead of the tree and has stashed many of
them today. Usually, the covers hanging down on Steve's side of the bed
get all but one which Orville decides belongs on my side of the bed.
It's great to again have a ferret who insists on moving and tucking in
the toy ferrets.

The ferret room and our bedroom are both far, far warmer with our
wonderful new windows and the drafts are gone, but we did have a scary
time when those were put in on the 23rd when the ladder slipped out
from beneath a Renewal by Anderson worker who was working on the top
of a window frame. Luckily, he caught the window sill on the way down,
and it is a wonder that he was not seriously hurt and managed to pull
himself inside. An hour later he was back on the ladder. There was a
little damage to the outside of the building but the Anderson people
were on the phone with the condo management company taking care of it
that same afternoon (and they had earlier provided all their insurance
info the condo mgmt and to us). We're just all relieved that the guy
was okay.

The ferrets did not know what to make of that day. They stayed in the
large night time cage but did seem to enjoy the fresh air.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html